Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Sweater


The kids and I read about groups of people who knitted throughout WWI to support the troops.  So, I decided to make this an educational experience and  ordered some knitting needles, some yarn, and a book (I don't recommend the book, just YouTube it, it's free-er).

After figuring out how to cast on and knit a few rows, I lost the oldest.  The others didn't even bother.  But, I found a new hobby :)

I have made several hats, a few dishcloths and countless scraps to try out different needle holds, different methods, and different shapes.  And then I decided to dive into a sweater.  It was a free pattern and I had the right size needles and the right weight yarn (who knew there were a billion different needle and yarn sizes?).  Since Baby Bird is tiny, and has no clothing opinions yet, she is my guinea pig, lol

There are quite a few mistakes, which I will not point out, and if you notice them... shhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment